I stumbled across an excellent YouTube video of a masterclass given by Charles Vernon, bass trombonist of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. He speaks on a variety of brass concepts in regards to Song and Wind, a methodology of the late Arnold Jacobs. The main ideas in the video include having a sound concept in your head, good air movement, and using rhythm to coordinate all physical aspects of playing (breathing, embouchure, articulation, and valve or slide movement). Enjoy!
Recent Blog Posts
- Facebook Feed
- New teaching location – Milwaukee’s East Side
- John Marchiando masterclass
- David Bilger plays Tomasi and more!
- Dave Slonaker Big Band
- R.I.P. Lew Soloff
- Kenny Rampton Warm Up and Practice Techniques
- Recommended Music!
- Mambo Legends Orchestra!
- Trumpet fundamentals clinic on 10/5/13 at Melk Music!